International Projects Consultant
John brings to Embrace a wealth of experience of delivering successful major projects in Africa, Asia, and the UK. He has valuable first-hand knowledge of the challenges associated with large scale change programmes and the techniques and strategies to overcome them
John has been working at a senior level for over 25 years providing services to the public sector as well as holding senior positions in consultancy and private sector organisations.
John has a wide range of ICT experience including the programme and portfolio management, the development and implementation of ICT strategies, and the introduction of ICT systems in the Public Sector both in the UK and overseas. He has managed a number of major programmes including the procurement, implementation and maintenance of finance, contact and housing management systems supporting major change management strategies. He has also worked closely with national Governments including that of Botswana and Lesotho managing programmes and acting as a trusted advisor.
His most recent positions include that of Programme Director with Capita International where he was responsible for international assignments and Practice Director for Pinnacle where he was responsible for consultancy projects and account management. He has also established and managed a programme office for PwC and IT Net. Much of his work has involved the implementation of large scale systems driving change throughout the client organisation realising significant benefits and returns on investments.
Recent overseas Client Experience:
Government of Lesotho
- development and implementation of an ICT Strategy as well as management of the provision of technical assistance. This included a review of their current information systems, organisational structure, training needs analysis and governance structures.
- development and implementation of information security strategy based on ISO 27001 on behalf of a donor agency
- development of a user requirements document for an integrated financial information system on behalf of a donor agency and support during the implementation phase.
Government of Botswana
- the implementation of an ICT strategy for the decentralisation of Local Authorities in Botswana
- development of a 5 year ICT Strategy including recommendations regarding the organisation, applications and technology with an implementation plan supporting the business needs for the Botswana Housing Corporation
Government of Malawi
- developed specifications for the procurement of Local Authorities key back office systems including the infrastructure for the Ministry of Government.
Government of Bangladesh
- lead consultant of the development of an ICT Strategy for the Government of Bangladesh with the design of a localised financial system for the Ministry of Finance.